Honeyed Roasted Pear and Nut Loaf
Using the Neill's range of mixes, home made bread can be baked in minutes with a choice of buttermilk scone mix combined with sun dried tomatoes, bacon and herbs. In this recipe, the buttermilk scone mix combines with the best of the season's Autumn fruits. Home baking has never been easier. The option is yours to combine with buttermilk, full cream milk or semi skimmed for the healthier option.
- Prepare the pears, place the cubes of pear in a non stick frying pan, add the honey and dry roast for 1-2 minutes to intensify the flavour, colour and soften the fruit.
- To make the bread - Sieve the Neill's flour mix into a bowl, add the low fat spread, rub in lightly add the egg, milk and mix until soft.
- Add 2/3 roasted pear and mix lightly before transferring to 1LB loaf tin, lightly sprayed with low fat oil. Flatten the top, then sprinkle the remaining pear over and dust with the soft brown sugar.NB seasonal nuts can be added to this recipe such as Hazelnuts or almonds, approx 2 oz coarsely chopped.
- Bake in the oven 220ºC/ Gas 6-7 (195ºC fan assisted) for 15-17 minutes, until risen golden and firm to the touch.
- Great on its own or cut into slices and lightly buttered.
- 300g/ 12oz of Neill's buttermilk scone mix
- 12 ½g/ ½ oz of low fat spread
- Milk to mix to a soft dough,
- approx 150 mls
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3 pears, peeled, diced and roasted in a frying pan with1 tsp of honey
- 12 ½ g/ ½ oz brown sugar