A Quick Bread with Brie, Bacon & Sun Dried Tomatoes
One of the quickest, tastiest breads you will ever make, light in texture with Neill's Self Raising Soda Bread Flour.
To make the base
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Beat the eggs lightly, add to the sieved flour along with the mustard, olive oil, milk, bacon and cheese (cut into chunky slices).
- Mix lightly, transfer to a lightly greased loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until well risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Turn out onto a cooling tray and serve.
- Delicious buttered! Great with soup or cut into chunks or simply eat warm.
- 300g/10oz Neills Self Raising Soda Bread Flour
- 2 large tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs – lightly beaten
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 60ml olive or sunflower oil
- 115g/4oz bacon – cooked and cut into pieces
- 125ml/¼ pt milk
- 115g/4oz Brie cheese – cut into chunks
- 25g/1oz sun dried tomatoes – sliced
- 1 X 1lb loaf tin
- Oven Temp: 180°C/350°F/Gas No 4