Orange Short Bread
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC/gas mark 3.
- Using the small holes on a grater, lightly grate some zest from the orange onto a saucer. Try to avoid the white pith.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and add the cinnamon, sugar and orange zest.
- Rub in the butter or margarine.
- Bring the dough together and knead it lightly.
- Place the dough on the baking tray and press or roll the dough into a round disc 1cm thick.
- Prick with a fork and decorate the edge. Using oven gloves, place the tray in the oven for 15–20 minutes until firm.
- Cut the shortbread into eight segments and place on a cooling rack straight away to cool.
- 150g Neill's plain flour
- 100g butter or margarine
- 50g light soft brown sugar
- large pinch of cinnamon, to taste
- zest of one orange
- mixing bowl
- baking tray
- oven gloves
- cooling rack