Banana bread is a firm favourite in our household and it is a lot simpler than most people think. The recipe is quick, simple and the results are just delicious! Pop the kettle on and enjoy a slice.
- Preheat oven to 175°c.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined.
- Beat in the mashed bananas.
- In a separate large bowl sieve the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt together and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the banana mixture into the centre of the bowl and begin to fold together with the flour.
- Mix the ingredients together only until they come together. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approx. 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave for 10 mins in the loaf tin to cool before turning out to cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe created by Baking Bar
More recipes available at bakingbar.co.uk
- 120g Butter
- 120g Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 500g Mashed Bananas
- 250g NEILL'S® Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 0.5tsp Salt