Preheat oven at 180oC/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
1. Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry, heavy skillet and set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice, orange zest & juice.
3. Whisk together the eggs and oil.
4. Stir into the dry ingredients with the grated carrot and ¾ of the pumpkin seeds.
5. Divide the mixture between cases, share and sprinkle the remaining pumpkin seeds to the tops of the mixture.
6. Bake for 20-22 mins or until a skewer poked in comes out clean.
7. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
8. Delicious as they are or sprinkle with a little icing sugar to serve.