- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time untilcombined. Beat in the mashed bananas.
- In a separate large bowl sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt together and make awell in the centre.
- Pour the banana mixture into the centre of the bowl and begin to fold together withthe flour. Mix the ingredients together only until they come together. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the bread mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Bake in the centre of the oven forapproximately 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave for 10 minutes in the loaftin to cool before turning out to cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe created by Baking Bar. More recipes available at bakingbar.co.uk